All the obligatory legal jargon
Geek and Artsy
INFORMATION I COLLECT
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information (which is not seen personally and handled through a secure payment system of your choice), and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (eg: a gift message for the purchased goods), if you contact me directly via email.
WHY I NEED THIS INFORMATION AND HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
– As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
– When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
– If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
– As necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
INFORMATION & SHARING DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
– Shipping Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies (specifically Royal Mail). I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services and ship your order- usually only your address is necessary.
– Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF EU
At this time, I do not store or process your data through ANY third party services.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
– Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
– Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
– Object. You can object to my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons. To opt out of emails that you have previously given me personal consent to join, you may also click the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any emails sent to you from Geek and Artsy.
– Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Saphira, am the one processing the data you provide me. You can contact me at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org